Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Intro - Edward Oh

About Me

Hey my name is Edward. I am probably the youngest here compared to these old farts. I am also fairly new to this hobby... about 2 years now? With an art background, I have been able to pick up this pretty fast. I first got into this hobby when I was a jr. high school student via close friend, but never went further than glopping paint on expensive miniatures. I ended up quitting due to financial issues (My guilty feeling of spending my parents' hard earned money had finally bested me). Fast forwarding about 10 years, I got dragged back into this filth by my friend who decided to start all over again.

2 years later, I have a surplus of useless models that I will probably never end up painting and little toy soldiers. My friend who got me in had long since quit the hobby, so I guess the joke was on me. However, through this medium, I was able to meet new friends (assholes) and make new (hazy) memories.

How I Paint 

I tackle painting models just like how I normally paint on canvases. Generalize everything first then go into the details. Work from dark base to light layers. Create lighting via transitioning value. If I don't think the light will hit that spot, I just layer once or twice and move on. This saves time and stays away from making the model look too flat.

If you like to reddit, you may have seen some of my models on /r/warhammer and /r/minipainting. I have created tutorials for both miniature painting and freehands. I can link to those later if needed.

What I Am Going to Paint

missing banner (Mantic paint job)


Ogre Hero on Chariot. I recently won that model from Alamo GT 2015, the very last WHFB tournament in the south. I mainly chose it for the banner since I excel at freehand. I look forward to painting the model as soon as I finish my current project.

No comments:

Post a Comment