Monday, November 16, 2015

Intro - Blake Dixon

Greetings from Little Rock, Arkansas! My love of painting and hobby began relatively recent. When I went to college in 2007 I randomly stumbled upon a T shirt store that introduced me to tabletop gaming. I started off painting at the level of a talentless 3 year old... I'm talking no primer, straight up caking layers of unrelated colors on models... But I loved every minute of it, and it soon became my #1 hobby. Fast forward to today and I am much better (at least a semi skilled 5th grader) and love to paint armies for major tournaments across the south, and have dabbled in commission painting.

Most recently I played Warhammer fantasy battles. When that game died, Kings of War by Mantic really caught my eye. I have to say that in the past I have tried to use some of these models for conversion for Warhammer, but to no avail.  My original thought was that these models just weren't as good.  However, now that I am removed from Whfb and have both model sets to freely choose from, I realize it is a stylistic difference that I saw rather than quality.

I have chosen to paint the Goblin Fleabag Rider Sniffs. This has always been a kit that has caught my eye, and this event gives me a chance to really take some time to do them justice. Also, it uses both metal and plastic parts, so it gave me a chance to work with both materials. Here is a shot of them assembled.  You can see the cork base I will be using for them when they are painted.



  And lastly here are some shots of my most recently painted army:

No comments:

Post a Comment